Monday, December 8, 2008

The Wedding

Saturday, Dec. 6th, Hudson's brother, T. J. married Devona. Ella was a Flower Girl but all she had to do was walk down the aisle and sit with me. Well, when she woke up at 4:00am the morning of the wedding, I knew exactly how the day would go. The meltdowns began around 10 that morning and the wedding was at noon. At one point, I really thought I was going to have to take her back to the hotel to sleep. But she pushed through the pain. I waited until the last minute to be seated so that I could stand with her but when Hudson was going to seat me, she wanted to go with us. So down all three of us went and then she went back up the aisle with Hudson. It was then time for Hudson to enter with the groomsmen but again, Ella didn't want to be left so down she came with Hudson and he dropped her off with me. (James was in the nursery.) After the Processional there was a prayer. I think it was the second sentence of the prayer when she said "I see Daddy." Which was followed by "I want pizza." Neither statement was whispered so I decided not to wait longer. I picked her up and carried her out until she started protesting loudly that she wanted to walk. We waited out the wedding in the Bridal Parlor. I'm told the wedding was lovely. The meltdowns weren't finished but we pushed on and dragged both kids to the reception where Ella finally gave up.

No comments: