It really didn't feel like Thanksgiving today but it has been a good day nonetheless. We started off the day by going to the Thanksgiving service at our church. We had never done this before but I had been asked to give a brief testimony so I agreed and we went. Despite the fact that I was very nervous, it went well and it was a sweet service. Afterwards we came home and turned on the parade. This is the first year that my kids have enjoyed it which was fun to watch. Brother came over and we were in the midst of getting everything cooked when Hudson's pager went off - twice. He is on call and he had 2 cases waiting for him. This meant he would be gone all afternoon. He left about 1:15 and got home about 5:30. So Jer and I had a quiet meal.
Some things I'm thankful for this year....my husband, my kids, knowing that Hudson has a job next summer, Jesus, I'm about to have another niece, Christmas, getting to go to Savannah after Christmas to see said niece (and everyone else who will be there), my brother and sister and how God has kept us close these past almost 8 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment